Tornado put an end to Mills prosperity

Mills school students are shown in this undated photo.
From The History of Freestone County Texas, Vol. 1

Mills was between State Highway 179 and Farm Road 1451 three miles south of Teague in west central Freestone County.
The settlement was granted a post office in 1880 with Thomas G. Blackmon as postmaster.
In 1884 Mills had two

 

To read the entire story, please log in or subscribe to the digital edition.

Rate this article: 
No votes yet