Dr. Bonner active in many phases of church, community

Dr. John Bonner and his brother William Bonner, along with their extended family, first came to Freestone County from Alabama in 1853.

Contributed photo

Bonnerville was a rural community located just northeast of Stewards Mill in the northern part of Freestone county.
Bonnerville was located at the modern intersection of County Road 126 and FM 833 near Cottonwood Creek.
It was referred to as Bonnerville due to many of the Bonner descendant residents that stayed around the family lands.
The family lands extended west towards the large Tehuacana Creek and southward down the smaller Cottonwood Creek.
Bonnerville was primarily only lands of the

 

To read the entire story, please log in or subscribe to the digital edition.

Rate this article: 
No votes yet